Have you ever heard of the Lotus-NUS Fund?
The Lotus-NUS Fund provides seed funding for social impact-driven start-ups that are founded by Singaporeans who are NUS affiliated (students / staff / alumni), to accelerate their growth to a stage where they can attract further funding to build a sustainable and scalable venture.
Social Venture Lab @ NUS is pleased to announce the following 5 inspiring social enterprises as the recipients of the Lotus-NUS Fund this year!
- Bago Sphere|CEO & Co-founder: Lee Zhihan, NUS Engineering ‘2011
- Runs immersive, experiential training programs and connects students directly with employers.
- BloomBack| CTO & Co-founder: Zech Ng, NUS Computing’2006
- BloomBack aims to empower marginalised women in the community. As a one-stop online floral marketplace, every gift purchased from BloomBack will contribute towards funding holistic skills training programmes for their beneficiaries.
- SkolaFund | COO & Co-founder: Syakir Hashim, NUS Arts & Social Sciences’2016
- Scholarship crowdsourcing platform that matches deserving underprivileged undergraduates with funders.
- WateROAM|CEO & Co-founder: David Pong, NUS Business’2014
- Eradicates global thirst by developing portable water filtration systems that provide communities in rural regions and disaster-hit locations with rapid access to clean and affordable drinking water.
- Wonderlabs Foundation|Co-founder: Keith Tan, NUS Arts & Social Sciences’2016
- Providing development and training opportunities to youth in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Isn’t it interesting? Do research more on them if you are interested!
Have any questions for these inspiring social entrepreneurs? Fill up this form and they will answer it!
Note: Best questions will be featured in their upcoming article! 😊